- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon.
- When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan.
- Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.